Writer's Help Desk
Do you need some English language writing help?
Due to the Corona virus pandemic, we are currently offering online English writing advisory hours.
During the semester:
- Mondays 10 - 11am (with Dr. Buschmann-Göbels)
- Fridays 11 - 12pm (with Ms. Stollmann)
It is necessary to register for a consultation in advance. You can do this by email:
A professional writing consultant will be available to advise you for up to 20 minutes. This service is free of charge. Please send us up to two pages of text by email beforehand. We will get back to you with a specific time slot and the details of where we will meet online.
What do we do at the writer's help desk?
- We offer you tips on writing, and give you advice for your text, as well as your linguistic strengths and weaknesses.
- We offer you tips and strategies on how to transalte your own texts.
- We recommend materials and resources on writing in English.
- We offer you advice on how to further improve your writing skills through self-study, coaching or courses.
- The writer's help desk is not a proof-reading service for lengthier texts.
- The writer's help desk does not replace a language class.
- The writer's help desk does not translate texts for you.