Writer's Help Desk
Do you need some English language writing help?
Since 2015, we have been offering English writing support at the Independent Learning Centre
During the semester:
- Mondays 10 - 11am (with Dr. Buschmann-Göbels)
- Fridays 11 - 12pm (with Ms. Stollmann)
No Help Desk hours from July 15th - August 7th!
During the semester, prior registration is not necessary. Just drop in.
A professional writing consultant will be available to advise you for up to 20 minutes. This service is cost-free. Please make sure to bring a print-out of your text (max. 2 pages).
What do we do at the writer's help desk?
- We offer you tips on writing, and give you advice for your text, as well as your linguistic strengths and weaknesses.
- We offer you tips and strategies on how to transalte your own texts.
- We recommend materials and resources on writing in English.
- We offer you advice on how to further improve your writing skills through self-study, coaching or courses.
- The writer's help desk is not a proof-reading service for lengthier texts.
- The writer's help desk does not replace a language class.
- The writer's help desk does not translate texts for you.
- We do not offer writing support via e-Mail.