English advisory team
English advice - important information
We are happy to help you with any of the following issues:
- language tests for prospective students (B1/B2/C1 English certificates)
- obtaining a DAAD language certificate for your semester abroad
- advice on which English course is best for you
- preparation for international English language tests
Stop by one of our English advisory sessions or send an email to englischfzhb(at)uni-bremen.de
We can provide advice by telephone only in exceptional cases. Please arrange an appointment by email with one of the members of the English advisory team.
English Advisory Service fo students at all universities and Hochschulen in Bremen
The English Advisory Team holds advisory hours at the following times - you don't need an appointment:
15:00 - 16:00 (Dr. Annette Jahnke, University of Bremen, GW2 A 3070)
14:30 - 15:30 (Katrina Stollmann, University of Bremen, GW2 A 3070)
No advisory hour on February 5th, March 18th or April 8th.
14:00 - 15:00 (Dr. Annette Jahnke, University of Bremen, GW2 A 3070)
11:00 -12:00 (Dr. Annette Jahnke, Hochschule Bremen, Werderstr. campus, room B113)
ACCEPTANCE OF EXISTING CERTIFICATES, QUALIFICATIONS ETC. AS PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPETENCE FOR MATRICULATION PURPOSES BY THE UNIVERSITIES AND HOCHSCHULEN IN BREMEN AND BREMERHAVEN
To find out whether an English certificate, qualification or experience you already have can be accepted as proof of English language competence for matriculation purposes, please proceed as follows:
- Send an email to englischfzhb(at)uni-bremen.de
In your email, you should state the level of language competence you need to prove you have, and what qualifications etc you have already acquired (e.g. during an internship, in language courses etc.).
- Please attach scanned copies of any relevant documents relating to your qualifcations etc to this email. and send it to us.
- We will examine whether the qualifications, certificates etc you already have can be accepted and inform you of the result by email.
- When your certifcates etc can be accepted, we will then ask you to send us a certified copy of the necessary documents by post and also to enclose a stamped, addressed envelope.
- You will receive the language certificate you need to matriculate by return of post.