- Visual reception (reading): Has a sufficient vocabulary to understand texts on subjects of everyday life. Can understand texts describing events.
- Aural reception: Can understand the gist of a text when it is clearly expressed in standard language and describes familiar topics from areas such as work, school and hobbies.
- Spoken interaction/reception: Can take part in clear everyday conversation that are familiar and of personal interest to her/him or on topics like family, hobbies, work, travelling etc..
- Written reception: Can write a structured text on topics that are familiar to her/him or of personal interest.
- Sensory impressions
- Cars, accidents, insurance
- Living standards
- Public festival /“Oktoberfest”
- Customs and traditions
- Statistical information
- Medical centres
- Work on a farm/work conditions
- Foreign people/minorities
- Old age
- Types of written texts: Instruction, personal biography, comparison, assumption, description, literary text, story, film script
- Spoken activities: Argumentation, describing personal matters and nature phenomena, giving instructions, expressing personal opinion, interview, story telling, role play