1 study unit = 1 x 45 minutes of study
* the courses comprise 4 study units in the classroom and ~6 - 8 study units of independent study per week
The courses are offered during the semester and/ or as intensive courses during the semester break.
Please check the current courses to see which courses we are offering this and next semester.
If you're not sure which course is best for you, please use our language learning advisory service or contact the course instructor.
To get a rough idea about the language level you already have, you can also use these online self- assessment tools:
- EPOS self-assessment grid according to the CEFR
- Folkuniversitetet assessment test (pdf test for levels A, B and C – pdf file to download)
- Placement test for the course book "Javisst" (in German, published by Hueber Verlag) (tests language competence at A1 and A2 levels)
- Placement test for the course book "Välkomna" (in German, published by Klett Verlag) (tests language competence at A1 and A2 levels)
TYpes of course
- Intensive courses comprising 30 study units of classroom study and 60 study units of independent study
- Semester blended learning courses (2 SWS classroom study and approx. 60 study units of independent study)
- Semester blended learning courses (4 SWS classroom study and approx. 120 study units of independent study
Note: 1SWS = 1 x 45 mins per week for 1 semester; 1 study unit = 1 x 45 mins
UNIcert basis: by successfully completing level A2 (will be offered soon)
UNIcert I: by successfully completing level B1