When will the next exams take place?
Here are the dates for the group written and individual oral exams taking place at the Institut français.
DELF/DALF preparation courses for students
What is DELF/DALF ?
The DELF (Diplôme élémentaire de langue francaise) / DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue francaise) certificates are official French language proficiency qualifications awarded by the French Ministry of Education.
These certificates are standardised and recognised internationally. They are accepted in both academic and professional contexts and are valid for life.
What is the format of the DELF/DALF exam?
Each diploma corresponds to one of the six levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The 6 tests can be taken individually. The exams at each level evaluate skills in listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
Common European Framework of Reference
How do I register for an exam?
Send us an email:
or contact us at the following telephone number:
0421 339 44 17
How can I prepare for the exam?
- The Institut français together with the FZHB offer courses to help students prepare for the DELF / DALF certificates.
- Information about these courses can be obtained by calling 0421-339 44 14
- The tutors in the independent learning centre at the Institut français will also provide practice exam questions and multimedia study materials.
- Practice exam material is also available at http://www.ciep.fr/delfdalf/sujet.php
- In the independent learning centre at Bremen University you can use the "Interaktive Sprachreise" 1 or 2 language software to prepare.