Suchen und finden
International summer courses
Our four-week language courses are 25 hours per week. Intermediate and advanced level courses consist of 20 hours of general language lessons and 5 hours of technical language. Basic level courses consist of 25 hours of intensive general language lessons. Usually the maximum number of participants for each group is 15.
Lessons run from 9.00 a.m. to 1.15 p.m. Language courses include listening and reading skills, conversation and writing skills, grammar and phonetics, cultural subjects and background studies. Students participating in the interrmediate and advanced level courses will choose from one of the following topics - Politics and Economics, Arts and Literature - to improve their knowledge of the respective technical language. The participants will study terminology and structure of their chosen subject and be given the opportunity to apply them in discussions and short speeches.
All teachers are graduates in philology with years of experience in teaching German as a foreign language. During the course, lectures on various subjects will be held by professors from different faculties at the University of Bremen.
Outside the classroom studies of German language and culture will continue. All students will take a tour through the city of Bremen, visit local companies and institutions, be taken on excursion to the North Sea etc...
- 25 lessons and extra program per week
Accommodation and catering:
- Rooms in private accommodation
- Self-catering (reasonably priced meals in University refectory and cafeterias)
Target group and composition of participants:
- Students of all subjects and disciplines
- Interested persons possessing university entrance qualification
- University graduates
Leisure and accompanying programme:
- Visits to Bremen enterprises (Hanseatic products: coffee, beer and chocolate),
- Politics, culture, history and future
- Excursions in Hanseatic Bremen: old-city quarters, Science Park, Universum, Football Museum (Werder Bremen)
- Films, sport and excursions
Afternoon programme and events:
- Bremen University MINT-Faculties organised workshops (sometimes held in English)
Should you have any questions and would like to obtain further information, just give us a call or send us an e-mail. We shall be pleased to be of assistance.
Dates and Fees 2017
- Course I: 10th July - 04th August 2017
- Course II: 07th August - 01st September 2017
- Course fees: 640,- €
- With accomodation 920,- €
Closing date for registration:
- Course I: 10th June 2017
- Course II: 07th July 2017
It is very easy to register for one of our summer courses:
- you register online, than you print the form and sent it to us together with a copy of remittance for the entire course fees made out to the University of Bremen, or
- you can download the appropriate form (pdf file), fill it in and send it to us together with a copy of remittance for the entire course fees made out to the University of Bremen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have further questions, please click here.